Sunday 6 May 2012

Supper club and tea room - part 2

Welcome back to 'Supper club and tea room'.

Now the reason I did this post in two parts was because I didn't want to bore you to death in one fell swoop!  Who would've thought that last summer when I first had the idea of a blog, I didn't think I had anything to say...not like me at all! Ok, where was I?  Oh yes...

After spending a fabulous evening at the Sharing Supper Club and miserable drive home in the pouring rain I felt very pleased with myself that all was going according to plan for the first ever 7th Star Afternoon Tea.

On Sunday, all I had left to do before my guests arrived was make a couple of batches of scones, decorate the cupcakes, make use of the ten thousand egg whites I had left over...ok, ok, there were only eight egg whites left over, but I still felt that I should do something with at least a couple of them, so I made some mini swiss chocolate meringues courtesy of a very easy Eric Lanlard recipe, then I needed to lay the table and make the sandwiches and rolls.



Now I have to admit, I am very rarely ready for these kinds of thing before my guests arrive, however this time I actually was!  I couldn't believe it, I was sure I'd forgotten something...but no, I had everything under control.


I only had four guests who were all friends and what gave me a little warm glow throughout the afternoon, was pottering around in the kitchen listening to them all chattering away as if they'd not seen each other for ages whilst eating their way through my creations.

As is customary with these events, once all the food had been served and I'd made sure the ladies were topped up with their choice of tea, Assam, Everyday and Redbush, I got myself a nice cuppa and sat and had a bit of natter with them, which was a lovely end to a very nice afternoon.

Now not being very good a 'blowing my own trumpet', here's a few little snippets of feedback I got in my comments book:

"The food was out of this world and I'll be back for more"
"The scones, jam and cream were really moreish and a good time was had by all"
"The choice of sandwiches was excellent and the cakes very well presented"
"It was delicious from start to finish"

I even got a thank you card for one of my guests telling me that she'd put on a pound and a half at her weigh in at Slimming World!! 

All in all, I was very satisfied with all that happened that week, even if some of the events were nerve wracking or tiring.

I am pleased to let you know that the next 7th Star Afternoon Tea will take place at 3pm on Sunday 10th June, so if you would like to come along do let me know and I'll send you the details.

Thanks for 'listening' and take care for now.

Mandy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment